1. Your website runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The website is always there, selling your products and convincing potential customers that you are the best small business for them to call – all while you’re asleep or enjoying some time with family and friends.
2. Having a professional website makes your small business look credible. Most consumers research a product or service online before they decide which business to use. 60% of consumers don’t trust a business if it doesn’t have a website. That’s more than half of your potential customers who are choosing one of your competitors instead of you.
3. Having a website saves you time. Providing information about your products or services to customers takes time, whether you do this on the phone, face-to-face or by email. A professional website informs customers about what you do or what you sell, which leaves you free to spend more time earning money!
4. A website keeps your customers informed. A website is easy to update to keep your customers advised of any new products or services you are offering, any sales or discounts on offer or any upcoming events that your business is a part of. This is unlike other forms of marketing such as print advertising or letterbox drops, where the information can become outdated very quickly.
5. Show yourself off. Websites are a great way to showcase your products or services. Lots of photos and/or videos can be easily published on your website so your customers can see exactly what you’re offering. Publishing photos and videos online also demonstrates that you have pride in your work.